12 February 2010

Green Smoothie Challenge: Blue-Green Aloe

A part of my experience with the Green Smoothie Challenge (www.vegetarianhealthcoach .net) involved reading "Green Smoothie Revolution" written by Victoria Boutenko, the pioneer of the Green Smoothie movement. This book was a quick and informative read about the green smoothie movement. It is full of smoothie recipes including some for dogs and cats.  I am sure that once my participation in the Six Week Smoothie Challenge is complete that I will consult this book for continued inspiration and recipes.

My biggest challenge to date in terms of taste has been the Blue-Green Aloe smoothie. I did not like this smoothie at all.  I drank this glass but not much more.  I believe a part of the challenge is to experience variety. And I certainly did not expect that all of the smoothies would satisfy my palate.

Nonetheless, I show the construction of this smoothie below (for the brave):

1 head of romaine lettuce







1 medium sweet apple







1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 lime, peeled
1 small aloe leaf (I used 1/4 cup of aloe juice)
2 cups coconut milk kefir






No comments: